Friday, August 6, 2010

Back to Narita - August 6th

The time has arrived once more to make the journey back across the Pacific to Washington State. I woke up around the same time as always, always seems to happen. For breakfast I went of the Yokosuka Chuo Starbucks and had a delicious Hojicha latte. After getting back to my room and finishing up packing it was downstairs. The hotel took me to where the bus picks us up from. Traffic was very heavy and it took probably twice as long as if I had walked it. On the other hand it was air conditioned and that is just great.

My coworker arrived shortly after I did and we both got checked in. I went over to Starbucks on base and got a Yuzu Green Tea Frappuccino, as it always is, very good. There were a total of 20 people on the bus today, so everyone got their own seat. The other nice thing was that everyone was going to the same Terminal so it was a straight shot. The route we took today was different than I had taken before we went on the Tokyo Wan Aqua-Line expressway. We must have been traveling for around 6 minutes in a tunnel under Tokyo Bay. It was very close to Narita that we got onto the same road we normally take.

At the airport we walked around for a while and then went to check in. I am get to wait until I go to the counter to see if I get upgraded to Business. I do not have my hopes set too highly at this point. Immigration took around 20 minutes to get through, the line was to where the escalators come down. I made a sad discovery when I got through that Starbucks was closed on the other side. My next Dark Mocha Chip Frappuccino will have to wait.

After making that sour discovery it was off to the Red Carpet club. After taking a relaxing shower it is just time to wait until boarding is closer.

Back to Narita August 6th

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Once again you got some great shots during your time in Nippon. Safe travels home & see you soon! :)