Saturday, August 7, 2010

Narita to Seattle August 6th to August 6th

We finally got to the gate around a half an hour prior to boarding. During boarding I thought I heard something close to my name over the intercom. I didn't go check, should have. So when they started boarding priority 1 seating I went in and got my bag settled in the overhead. There was exactly one empty seat on the flight. So everyone gets on board the doors are shut and I see one seat in Business class that doesn't have anyone in it. I think that is odd because if anything that seat should be mine.

Well ... one of the flight attendantes came back to Economy Plus and looked at the different seats. Saw me handed me another ticket stub that had the empty seat in business class on it. So I got my stuff sans the overhead bag and went up to Business. A little awkward to get up in front of all those people. Then all the people in Business class where like, who is this guy. Johnny come lately just sitting down. It was a Great thing though. I had Filet Mignon and Strawberry Ice Cream before they started serving dinner in Economy. I was asleep before they finished. I was in the middle so I had to navigate around people to get up, but it was well worth the 12,500 miles to upgrade. The only downside is that at SEATAC my bag did not have the prioirty labels from being Business from the beginning, so I had to wait. Although that was better than the Delta flight from Tokyo, they were waiting for their luggage when I got through customs and still waiting when I left.

One funny note is that leaving Japan I had to show my other ID because the guy was questioning if my Passport was me. Then at SEATAC I had to smile and take off my hat before the guy would let me go through. Oh good times.

Good to be back home, but Yuzu and Dark Mocha Chip Frappucino's I will miss thee.

Narita August 6th

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No, it's really me, I promise! Ha, so good.

John Snelson said...

Great pix ... from the real John Snelson