Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Travel Day Jan 12th 09

Finally at 4:40 Pacific Time, I am settled in. After some Pepper Lunch for dinner all is well. You always get two things with Pepper Lunch, delicious beef and Run DMC in the background. It seems that everybody on the trip got to where they were supposed to be. I ended up in the same size room as I was in last time. Which is enough, especially considering where some other people have to come from.

The flight was a little late coming leaving Seattle. We were all ready to go, the doors were armed and then a bunch of flight attendants headed to the back of the plane. I overheard one of them say that someone was freaking out. So they took that person off the plane and we got ready again. But the door had to be checked by the flight crew, after 20 minutes we finally left. I didn't have anybody sitting next to me, so it was a restful flight.

On the way to customs a women in front of me fell of the escalator, her husband was very grateful.

After customs we met up in a big group and got on a bus. We made one stop in Yokohama where a few people are staying, then finally we got to Yokosuka.

Every time you come back it always seems like time hasn't moved, other than a few new shops and a few old ones that have disappeared. Also last time the air conditioner was full bore, now the same applies for the heater. It is not warm outside.

Pictures


Japan Soft Drink Challenge, in Hawaii

3 comments:

Elyse said...

Wait... After she fell off of the escalator what happened?

Did you dive off to save her? O_O

Glad to know you made it alright. :)

Unknown said...

Well I'm glad you made it. I was watching your flight status, and it said there was a delayed take-off for "customer service" reasons. Hmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting. That was quite a long day. I hope you are getting to catch up on some sleep. You'll have to tell us about the falling lady in a little more detail sometime.;)