Friday, January 28, 2011

Fly Away - January 27th

It has come time again for another trip to Japan. This should be a good one. I will be staying in Yokohama right by my favorite building (Landmark Tower). This does make a longer commute, but the extra walking will be good. It is around 2 miles each way, by taking the earliest train I should be able to get close to my usual schedule.

I used miles to upgrade to Business class for the flight, they have dropped the amount to 12,500. I am interested to see what the route will be from the airport to the hotel. The train is always an option. They do run a service from Narita to Yokohama station with buses.

Work in the morning and then up to Akihabara to see the sites. Out of all the things I am looking forward to at the top of the list is the food. I have been unable to find decent curry around home. The speed and quality of the food always amazes me.

After the week of work I will be heading to the Sapporo snow festival. It was interesting to pack for it being similar weather wise to home and for a place that has a high of around 0 C. Then I will spend a few days going around the Tokyo bay area picking up a few of the places that I have missed in the past.

No comments: