Friday, January 28, 2011

Yokohama City by the Bay - January 28th

Flying from SEATAC to Narita on a Thursday makes for a light passenger load. In business class there must have been over half of the seats empty. I sat next to a doctor who works for the Navy. Interesting conversation to say the least. When the plane arrived I used my usual speed to pass everyone on our flight and another flight that had deplaned in front of us. I was out of Customs and Immigration in under 10 minutes. Very fast. There were a few folks waiting to pick up the group and get them down to the Yoko towns. A short bus had been procured to guide our way. Instead we tried something different.

We took a Y-Cat bus from the terminal directly to the hotel it was nice. From the time we arrived in Japan until the time I was in my hotel headed out for dinner was 3 hours, fastest time yet. Being in Yokohama has a lot to do with that, but still.

The hotel is very nice I have two full beds, and the floor space is actually larger than the previous rooms I have been in. This was the same hotel used during the G8 summit back in the fall, so it is fairly nice. The best feature of all .... WiFi. I can use my phone to make calls through Google Voice which is great.

Had dinner at this little American place that was alright. Then hit up the Starbucks by Landmark and picked up a Hojicha latte. Excellent as I remembered them. Off to bed then up early and another adventure.

Additionally is great developments is Google Map Caching. Worked great, all I had to do was look at the Tokyo Bay area before flying, turn on the GPS. The map was stored and ready to use when we were riding the bus down.

Photos
Yokohama, city by the bay

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The view from your room is pretty sweet!