Monday, January 31, 2011

Slippery when Snowy - January 31st

One thing that I had forgotten to mention yesterday was the it was snowing up in Tokyo. The commute this morning was a little later than I would have preferred, but for one day it isn't that bad. It was interesting to see a bunch of people on a train platform that passed the which one is not like the others test.

When I got off the train and headed in I realized that it had snowed down in Yokosuka as well. Needless to say it was amazingly cold.

After work I was able to meet up with Art again at the New Starbucks by the mall. It is really impressive, two story building and has a great view. Easily the best Starbucks this side of Kamakura. For dinner we met up with my coworker and his wife for Nirvana's. Always a good choice.

I headed back to Yokohama and was in the right car to get off and transfer to the JR line and would have made it to next train if it weren't for a gaggle of people coming down the stairs. No worries though because there is always another train. A nice evening stroll and I was back at my hotel. It is really mellow here, which I enjoy quite a bit.

Photos
Slippery when snowy


Now in Current Events


I forgot who was the Pac 10 Freshmen of the Year?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool that you got to see Art. And, uh...Go Cougs! Sweet!!!