Sunday, April 17, 2011

Return to Nippon - April 17th

Well it feels good to be back. Had my favorite meal and now am attempting to stay up as late as possible to reset my body clock quickly. Well back to the details of the day.

The guy who sat next to me on the flight graduated in Mechanical Engineering from WSU in 84. We had a good talk about Cougar athletics and discussed the best and worst moments. Always good to run into another Coug.

All in the all the flight was smooth and we made good time. We landed at 1447, then we taxied for 17 minutes before getting to the gate. What happened was that we came in on the newest runway and our gate was on the exact opposite side of Narita, got to see so different areas. However there is a bus which departs south at 1530, so I was motivated to move expeditiously through the airport to try to get to the bus. After getting off the plane I walked past everyone to get through Immigration first, then I waited for the baggage to come out. By having business class my bag was the 7th to come off the belt. I grabbed that and hurried to Customs gave them my slip and headed to check in. There was someone from work who was waiting for people on the flight, he told me that if I hurried I could make the bus in the parking lot. I got to the bus just as they were closing the cargo areas. So I got checked into the hotel by the time the next bus left the airport. It is always good to move with a purpose.

Of course one of the stops that I had to make was Starbucks. Just like the US stores there is a broad selection of Tea Lattes, although they are heavily advertised here. The Earl Grey one is definitely in the drink rotation while I am here.

I recently replaced my netbook with a laptop, and it is a much better experience. For basic web stuff netbooks are great, but for any photo or video stuff they suffer greatly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's official...you're a travel ninja.