Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Back to Japan June 2nd

They say the fifth time is the easiest, or something like that. But in truth of spirit they are correct. Everything went exceedingly smooth today. I had checked my luggage and was through security in less than 6 minutes. Amazing.

Had a little Qdoba for lunch. Chicken Tacos are very good, but the spicy sauce was probably too much. As always the plane flies out of the N terminal. Took the tram over and walked around until boarding was called. The thought was that I would be sitting for a very long time shortly, this can be confirmed.

The flight was decent, a few bumps here and there. All told very smooth. Much has been made of the health screening process to enter Japan at Narita. A month ago they were using an infrared gun to check peoples temperatures prior to letting them disembark the airplane. Now they just walked through smiling. Then let everybody off. There was a rather conspicuous camera with a security guard. Of course no pictures were allowed, but I am pretty sure it was an infrared camera. Apparently no body was about what was normal. If somebody was, I am sure they would drop a cage on them or something.

I was able to get through immigration and customs to make the 1530 bus. Which was very good. After a nice leisurely 2 hour ride we were dropped off at PSD on base. Then the final leg of the journey a quick 10 blocks to the hotel and then check in. I am in the towers this time, it is very similar to the room I had my first two times here. It is very nice.

For dinner it was the McDonalds off base, then I did a quick Commissary and Exchange run to get essentials.

Here are some pictures, enjoy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea! No lightning strikes! Your room looks awesome, with a nice chair to relax in. Super sweet.

Mom said...

Uh.. What is the control panel on the side of the toilet for? Your room looks awesome!

Unknown said...

Geez Mom, stop copying me.