Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday, June 7th, 2009

Today I walked the most I have ever walked in Japan. After Breakfast I went for a walk around Yokosuka. It took about an hour, but I went by Homes, and the fishing pier. It was before 9 so nobody was really out except for the fishers.

I decided to go to Yokohama for some shopping and walking. I walked out past the World Porters mall to the mall that is made out of bricks. I then noticed that I was not that far away from the Marine Tower. So I kept walking and walking. I eventually ended up near the tower. Then I decided to head back to try to check the UniQlo out near the train station.

They had a better selection but I am still searching for the Arkinoid tee shirt. So I decided to get some lunch. Subway is a little different here. The wheat bread looks very similar to the white bread back home. And cheese is not included in the cost of the sandwich. Didn't really need cheese. It was very good.

I hopped back on the train to Yokohama station. I decided to check out the UniQlo by Tokyu Hands. Didn't have the shirt. I also ran out of battery life in my Camera, and missed a few good shots.

I went back to Yokosuka and got ready for church. I went to the Church on base this week. It was a great sermon on Romans 13. On the way back to the hotel I picked up some Taco Bell for dinner. Ended the night by watching the Sermons in the current series at New Hope Tokyo.

There is also a crazy cat that lives on the first floor of the hotel, it has a chunk missing out of one ear. Not a cat that I would want to mess with.


Sunday 7th


JSDC June 09 - 4

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Dragon Boat Races! We used to watch those in Alameda. They would race in the estuary between Alameda and Oakland. Looks like it was beautiful weather.

Elyse said...

Ummm... I seriously hope you got those Poo and Kity war shirts.

bwahahahhahaha...

Also, that picture of the little girl is really cute.

It looks like you had a super fun day. =)

Elyse said...

Also. Nice blog title, Mr. Snelson. . .