Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday October 12th

To celebrate Columbus day I made up another little trip. This time we started back at Landmark. Walked around for a couple of hours and got some awesome shots of the tower from every angle I could get it. The lighting was very unique clear skies and the tower seemed to glow silver.

Next it was a quick trip through China Town, didn't do any shopping but walked through the whole of it. I found a train station I didn't know existed and used that to get back to Yokohama station. From there we went to Yodabashi and Tokyu Hands. I got a really nice camera strap. The included one is decent for limited use, but when you have the camera around your neck for more than 5 hours, you need something more substantial.

The next place was brand new to me, Enoshima. It is past Kamakura on the train. One you get out of the train you have to walk around a mile to get to the island itself. The island has a lot of shrines dedicated to a Dragon who fell in love with a woman, lots of really cool dragon statues around the island. There is two options, you can pay 310 Yen to ride an escalator near the top, or you can walk it yourself. I decided it was well worth the money. For some reason there were a lot of cats on the island. They were all extremely friendly, so obvious signs of rabbies. The one thing that was freaky was the amount of spiders. And they were big ones, I got a good shot of one. Got up to the top and went up lighthouse and got some great pictures. You could see Landmark tower in the distance. On the far side of the island are caves, but when I got down to the other side, I found that it was closed because of damage. I think it may have been from the Typhoon as this area had some extremely high winds. It was 352 stairs back to the top, and then a bunch down.

Had TGI Fridays for dinner. One of my coworkers had given me 1000 Yen off coupon. So in all it worked out to be a decent price for the meal. Now time to recharge for another 4 day work week.

October 12th


October 12th Part 2

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The dragon place looked awesome! What's up with all the padlocks?