Monday, March 8, 2010

Back in the Groove - March 8th

I am staying at a different hotel this time in Yokosuka. The breakfast is awesome, buffet style and the view is not to be missed in the morning. The weather during the day changed cloudy to sunny. When it was sunny it was okay to be outside, when the clouds rolled back in it got cold. The forecast looks like it is going to warm up Thursday, which would be nice. Tokyo is an awesome place to wander around, but the experience is much better when it is 10 degrees over freezing.

After work Nick and I headed out to the Yokohama Marina Outlet Mall. It was a good experience to teach him how to use the train with tickets. It is important to start with the basics. The Integrated Circuit cards make life very easy, but it is important to understand how and what your card is being charged. I tried a Sakura Steamer when we got to the mall. Not my cup of tea as it turned out. It was sweet and floral, too much so on both counts.

We got back into Yokosuka and headed out to get some food. I asked Nick to name a type of food he wanted. Noodles was the reply, so I then asked Ramen, Soba, or Udon. Ramen won out so we went to a place that also served Gyoza. I went with the Hot Spicy Ramen, a dish which lived up to both of the adjectives. Many glass of water had to be consumed to quench the fire.

March 8th

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So...what's your favorite kind of ramen? Bella wants to me to make the kind she saw in Ponyo, too funny.