Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hail Tuesday - March 9th

Have to love the weather in Japan right now. The cold weather has continued, unlike yesterday where the sun made brief but full appearance it was hidden all day. Hidden by large rain clouds. These particular rain clouds where moving very fast driven by the high wind. All told not the best day to be working outside.

For dinner Nick and I met up with a guy that I had hung out with last year Eric. His wife could not make it to dinner, but we ventured out and tried a new Indian restaurant on Highway 16. I had the Chicken masala Curry super spicy. It was very spicy, during the meal I had to order a Mango Lassi to quench the fire. A fire which was burning in my throat, and demonstrated in water coming from my eyes.

After dinner I went to meet up with Bryan to plan our trip down to Kyoto at the end of next week. On the way there I started to feel like sharp pains on my face and hands. I then realized that I was walking on hail. It is a good ten minute walk from the restaurant to where we met and by the time I got inside I had to go put my hands under water to warm them up. On the way in I noted that the temperature was 34, very cold. A nice white chocolate mocha warmed me up for the journey back to my hotel, but it does feel good to be back inside.

Hail Tuesday

2 comments:

Mom said...

Your hotel looks very nice.

Unknown said...

Sounds fun, crying in public. You always have been a sensitive man.