Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Kurihama, Kamakura, Enoshima, Yokohama, Yokohama February 9th

After the vacation starts another vacation. I didn't meet my goal of leaving Bryan's place by 600, I actually got to the train station around 830. I decided instead of heading back to Yokosuka to instead go to Kurihama and then transfer to the JR Line. After the transfer I could ride the train right to Kamakura.

After I left the train in Kamakura I went to Starbuck's for breakfast. I really do enjoy coffee shops that have real mugs that you can sit down and enjoy the handcrafted drink.

I then walked up to the Kenchoo-ji a temple around a mile away from the station. At the very top there is a temple and then a view point. I made my way to the top, and then kept climbing. At some point I thought about turning around, but just kept going. After around 4 miles I was finally back to the station, always moving forward.

I then rode the Eoden line to Enoshima. My previous time to the island was during a weekend and the train was very busy, this time everyone got a seat. After a quick walk to the Island I went to the top and down to the caves on the far side. I wouldn't recommend the caves, check the pictures you will be 500 Yen ahead. On the way back there was a side path that I had seen on my previous trip, so I took it. Turns out it is how all the supplies get to the top, just a regular road back to the bottom of the island.

After getting back to Kamakura I transferred to the JR line. I was planning on going back to Yokosuka and walking around there. Instead, I ran up to the platform and hopped on the first train that I saw. This was headed to Yokohama, as soon as the doors closed I realized that the train was heading away from where I wanted to go. No worries the plan just changed a little. I went to UniQlo in Yokohama and tried on sports jackets. Then I got onto the Keikyu line back to Byran's apartment, the timing worked out well I got back just before him.

We had wanted to go the a Brazilian restaurant in Yokohama on Saturday but he was a little under the weather. We decided today was the day and headed back to Yokohama. The Restaurant is in Chinatown and is great. It is an all you can eat place that has high quality options. Servers walk around with meet on swords and cut you off pieces as you request. The only downside is the price, but a great experience to have once in a while.

At Yokohama I had never seen so many people on the platform. We went to the last car and then realized as the train was pulling in that we need to be two cars ahead. We ran and were the last two people on. It was as full as any train I have been on here. Fortunately most people departed at Kamiooka.

Photos:
Kamakura, Enoshima, Yokohma, Yokohama - February 9th

2 comments:

Mom said...

You put in quite a day.
I enjoyed your pictures.

Unknown said...

I like the 'vibrant' setting, and I always love it when you're in the photo! :)