Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sapporo Day 3

Another day in the cold. After breakfast it was back out into the cold. We went over the Susukino to see the ice sculptures and how they had progressed over night. It was impressive to see what had been done in such a short amount of time. After we stopped at Starbucks for some warmth it was back through Odori street and then to the hotel. From the Hotel we went to the Sapporo Beer History museum and outlet mall. They had the largest UniQlo I have seen outside of Tokyo there.

We then went over to another Factory Outlet mall for lunch. We ate at a Ramen place in the basement that was really good. I did forget one thing about ramen, it is very salty. So we then went and filmed these.





After that excitement it was to the airport. After getting some last minute shopping done it was onto the plane. The plane ended up leaving around 30 minutes late, because someone in our travel group was not there. Finally we took off and left them behind.

At Haneda I decided to pass all of the people in front of me while getting out of the airport. When I got outside it felt really good. The one thing that I will remember about Sapporo is that it was very cold outside and very warm inside.

Photos:
Sapporo Day 3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Interesting! The ice sculpture designers were using an electric chain saw and some little electric tool that looks like a Dremel. They also had an electric blower and buckets of water. Cool!
Dad

Unknown said...

I like how both drinks tasted like candy. The photos of the brewery look really Russian to me, I don't know if it's the red star.