Friday, August 8, 2008

8/8/08

Very hot and muggy today.

Dinner was Yakatori and then I settled into to watch the opening ceremonies.

They started at 9 PM local and they introduced the athletes at 1010 PM. They were introduced in the order of the Chinese characters.

My sister Ruth and I are making live comments on the ceremonies. 8 hours apart but through the power of the internet right next to each other.

I always have liked the countries that have like 2 athletes but they made the trip.

Japan has 339 athletes in the Olympics. Takes a long time for everybody to come into the stadium

The UK came on at 1114 313 athletes.

The US came out at 1125 596 athletes.

Now the games begin.

Pictures

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the cook. Do you have any idea what you are eating? Does he speak English?

Unknown said...

U.S.A! U.S.A.! U.S.A! I'm so excited for the Olympics!