Monday, July 26, 2010

Back to Yokohama - July 26th

I met with a coworker and headed up to Yokohama after work. The first stop was back to Mont Bell. I found a shirt that is specific to that store that I just couldn't see not having in my collection. After that we walked to the Worldporter's mall on the other side of Minotomirai.

I wanted to get some night shots of Landmark and the surrounding buildings so I went to the roof to check the line. It was good so I decided after dinner I would head back. We ate at a Mexican restaurant named Salsa. Instead of tortilla chips they bring out tortillas and you go get your own salsa. They had them ranging from mild to burn your sinuses out. I sample the variety. The combo platter was much smaller than in the US but it turned out to be the right amount of food. During dinner there was a lighting storm that looked very impressive.

After dinner we headed up to the roof and got some pictures. Fortunately the lightning was done for the most part. This is good because I have no desire to ground that much energy and I am not yet ready to take nice pictures of lightning in action. It eventually stopped raining on the roof and we headed back to the train station. I got more pictures in the place where I have had good returns in the past. I played around with the rear flash feature. You get two successive flashes. The concept is that the light from the first flash is returning around the time that the second flash goes off. It turns into a light painting situation.

The train ride back was packed and I was able to make myself as small as possible to allow as many people on the train. A tripod is never your friend on a crowded train but I made it work.

Back to Yokohama - July 26th

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great night shots! No more frogs in your house!

Mom said...

Great shots from the roof garden.