Friday, July 23, 2010

Hot and Humid - July 23rd

Amazingly enough I managed to sleep until 5 am. That is pretty awesome, so I will have to try and repeat this same routine the next time I travel westward.

I had forgotten about the oppressive heat until I opened my door in the morning. It was like stepping into a heated room. The entire day it was extremely hot. The temperature at 1600 was 92 degrees F as we were walking out.

I decided to head back to Kamakura to see if the tree that had fallen in March was put back in place. Sadly the tree is no more, but just as Rock beats scissors so does wind beat tree. The city was fairly empty as we walked from the Shrine to the beach. The vacation season is upon Japan so the beach restaurants and bars were setup. It was interesting to see the makeshift city that has camped out for the month. On the way back to the train station I noticed that the same Hawaiian burger joint that I had gone to in Tokyo had a location in Kamakura. I had a Turkey Avocado Sandwich, that was pretty tasty. The next priority is to rest for the Tokyo Tour tomorrow.

July 23rd

2 comments:

Mom said...

Looks like you had a full day. I like the dog in the goggles. Miss you.

Unknown said...

It looks like summer! I'm a little confused as to why the dog is wearing glasses.