Thursday, July 22, 2010

Travel Fun - July 22nd

Another long travel day. I am currently entering hour number 24. The flight was uneventful save the fact that it was less than half full. I suppose that can be chalked up to the midweek travel. For about half of the way it looked like I might be able to catch the first bus to Yokosuka. We hit some turbulence and the arrival time got pushed back just outside the window where I could make it.

Faced with the decision of whither to wait for the bus or ride a train and switch. With the additional information that it was like an oven outside I decided to wait. The piece of information that I did not have was that all of the major roads were locked down to transport the North Korean spy to the airport. It took an extra half hour to get to Yokosuka. If I had taken the train I would have arrived an hour and a half earlier. Information for future travel.

It did lead to seeing the roads less traveled, so all was not lost. At the end of the ride I have never seen people escape the bus as quickly as they did. I met up with a coworker for dinner at Nirvana. Still very good and the three is just the right amount of spice to make you appreciate a nice warm day. A little unpacking and then the attempt to sleep.

Travel Day 7 22

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to see that you made it, with another great travel story to share!