Sunday, June 24, 2007

BASEBALL Sunday

Slept in today, the new pillow is nice. After breakfast I looked at my watch and realized that some people were headed up to a baseball game in Yokohama about that time. I called them and they were at the station hopping on a train. I decided to follow and meet them at the stadium. I road my bike over to the station to save time.

I got to the stadium no problem. Got there about 10 minutes after them. An outfield ticket was 1800 Yen. We sat on the opposing teams side. The whole experience was very different than American baseball. Overall there is a lot more speed, but not as much power in the hitting game. They chant during most of the game. About halfway through the game i figured out that it was a mixture of English and Japanese. The Baystars beat the Buffalo's 5-4. There was about 10 pitching changes. Three home runs. Decent game.

Got back to Yokosuka and went to a really good Japanese restaurant. Finishing up the night by watching Seven Samurai (Wiki).

Pictures and Videos

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a bad day to be without an umbrella. I'm glad the little guy could join you at the game. That would be a good pic to send Roberta.

Unknown said...

So even Japanese athletes come out to Gangsta rap? I love the crowd chants, woo-hoo!