Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Yelling in the streets

Every couple of nights a group of ten guys walks around the street yelling, thank you. Very strange. Everybody in the work group was invited over to one of the people that live over house. A lot of sushi and bbq pork, very good.

We rode the train to there, it was three stops from the station by the MORE CITY mall. The train seems like a pretty handy way to get around. You just have to know how many stops to your station.

WE had boxed lunches from the japanese resturant on base. I got the chicken it came with some sashimi and sushi. I tried a little of both. I did get the top of a squid, but just couldn't gather the courage to try it.

Altogether food was pretty cheap today, the lunch was 450 yen and dinner was free. Not too bad.

Here are some more pictures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a nice day. One thing that I noticed was how clean the streets are. I didn't see any litter at all. How nice to be invited to someones home. Love you

Unknown said...

I like the Nissan "California".

Unknown said...

Well, it's 8:30am over there....where is your next post? I'm waiting to see what you've been up to...

Anonymous said...

yeah...chop chop snelson! we are awaiting your next blog! hey, i tried to text you but it didn't work. can you email me your mobile phone number again?
thanks,
ra