Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday 16th - Birthday

My birthday got off to an auspicious start. I was pretty to go out into the bug infested world and inadvertently sprayed some insect repellent into my eye.

After reading about possible outcomes online, i called poison control. They told me to rinse it out and if it still bothered me in an hour to go in and get seen. An hour passed and no pain so that was good.

After getting down to breakfast a little late, i ate and headed into the base. It is good to see things go from planning to completion. Two of my coworkers are leaving Friday and the other one is leaving the next week. Should be fun a 3 for 1 exchange. We will see if the exchange rate is correct.

After work i went and got registered on base, so if i lose my id card they will let me in and get me a new one.

I swung through the Daiei mall and the 100 Yen store to complete the pre-dinner tour.

I went back to a pizza joint that i had gone to last year. They have a cheese pizza with almonds on it that is awesome. Plus they bring out a continuous stream of appetizers, some of which were fish but i tried them anyways. They were pretty good.

I came back to the hotel and had gotten the first batch of laundry back. It was pretty interesting, very well starched and they had stapled tags to every piece to identify it to my room.

Pictures

I came up with this idea when listening to a video game podcast. Every week they have a different energy drink to try. They do a live reaction to it. I don't know how it turned out but here is the first installment.


4 comments:

Kevin said...

Happy birthday, dude. It's still Monday here, so it counts!

Sometimes, you make me wonder if your head is attached to the rest of your body. Either that, or your body has a mind of its own. It seems to do things to you all too frequently...

Unknown said...

Well, it's better than getting stung by a super bee.

Unknown said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. We love you!!